29
Oct

TrypAdvisor – Annual Travel Trends Survey

Escrito el 29 Octubre 2006 por Antonio López de Avila en AAVV / TTOO, Creación de Valor, Travel 2.0

TripAdvisor recently has announced the results of its annual travel trends survey of nearly 4,000 travelers, globally.

“Nearly 4,000 travelers have spoken about their vacation plans and preferences for 2007 and perhaps the most intriguing discovery is that adventures in the great outdoors has trumped luxuriating at the spa,” said Michele Perry, director of communications for TripAdvisor. “We’ll closely monitor our new TravelCast algorithm for predicting the hottest travel destinations in the world and we’ll offer updates on the latest travel buzz throughout the year.”

TripAdvisor TravelCast Top Ten Hot World Destinations for 2007:
1. Pamukkale, Turkey
2. Parga, Greece
3. Ayr, Scotland
4. Campeche, Mexico
5. Marrakech, Morocco
6. Naxos, Greece
7. Puno, Peru
8. Soller, Spain
9. Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
10. Fes, Morocco

Up to five destination are in Europe, Turkey in the first place. Spain (Soller, Mallorca) is the 8 destination among the preferences of Trip Advisor members globally. Not bad. But, does this Survey plays a major role in purchase decisions? As far as TripAdvisor is one of best rated tourism websites, it is possible. How important are these webs as decision makers nowadays?

Comentarios

Mauricio 31 Octubre 2006 - 17:44

Antonio, podrias publicar tus datos de contacto?

Antonio 2 Noviembre 2006 - 13:04

Hola Mauricio,
Mi email es antonio.lopez@ie.edu

Quedo a la espera de tus noticias.
Saludos,
Antonio

Charo Silva 2 Noviembre 2006 - 17:50

Antonio’s comment adds a new debate into this industry. Are such webs becoming good references for tourists? the answer to this question is important for the sector members since a new evaluator is entering.

Do tourists need more accurate information about the quality of the hotels and the destinations? the emergence of webs as Trypadvisor, which offers ratings based on customers experiences, evidences that more information is needed.

But, is it accurate the information provided by these webs? Will we choose a hotel based on experiences of unknown people?

Europe Travel 20 Agosto 2007 - 12:06

I think that most experienced travelers have had the misfortune of booking a hotel based on information from the hotel’s website and finding that hotel to be much different than they imagined. So, what are the alternatives other than reading the experiences of unknown people? I do want to enjoy my hotel, so usually before selecting a hotel, I do read what other visitors say about the hotel. However, I take their comments with a grain of salt. If two or more people make similar comments, I tend to believe them.

Jeffrey 11 Noviembre 2012 - 11:52

I blog often and I seriously thank you for your information.
The article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site
and keep checking for new details about once per week. I opted in for your Feed
too.

Swimming Pool Chemicals

Dejar un Comentario

*

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar nuestros servicios y mostrarle contenido relacionado con sus preferencias mediante el análisis de sus hábitos de navegación. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración u obtener más información aquí. Aceptar