Sustainability is a key attraction factor for today’s consumers, so hotels are increasingly adopting green practices to be different regarding their potential guests. On the other hand, thanks to social media the opinion of the consumers are becoming a key success factor to sell products and services on the web.
In Greece, Greenhotels has been created “not only as a portal and booking engine promoting eco-hotels in Greece, but it even scores those hotels on how right and real is their green approach.
As you can read in the web page, for being a part of GreenHotels, hotels have to be committed to environmental management and aim at:
– Water saving
– Waste reduction
– Establishing Recycling Policies
– Minimizing their Energy Footprint (ie the amount of carbon dioxide which is emitted at the atmosphere by everyday activities that require energy consumption)
– Offering Biological and Local products to their guests
– Using Renewable Energy Sources
– Building an Environmental Culture and communicating it to staff and guests
More info: www.greenhotels.gr